Re: [CQ-Contest] Webinar Topics

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Webinar Topics
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:14:57 -0600
I do not have the skills to make or host a webinar topic. BUT.... I'd love to see one made up that may for most here be well, un informative,, BUT.. I'd love to see one that is made for an Amateur radio Operator that has never ran in ANY contest.

 Topics could be Why we do it.
And
Good things you get out of it. like being a more efficient operator. like a good percentage of new hams come into this hobby via the public service aspect. Which is all good and fine. but to those people what good is contesting? how about as stated making you a better operator?

I mean public services is usually passing traffic from one place to another. Yes? And what is a contest? passing traffic from one station to another. The better and more efficient you are the bigger your score and better operator also. being able to pass the information under horrible conditions, constant interference. etc. will obviously make you better at passing the traffic during an emergency true?

You into award chasing? Trying for W.A.S. how about getting it in one day! looking for those hard to find states for like WAS or even 5BWAS? the State QSO parties can let you get the needed state usually on every band in one day.

Have friendly competition between club members? or have the club do a multi op event to get more activity from the members.

i know you all out there probably can think of a lot more things to add to this. the benefits of contesting. and as stated tailor the webinar to the Ham that has never even thought of trying it.

Then we can download it, and bring it to club meetings for presentations too. to help get more exposed.

Thouights?

Joe  WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock