Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with Automatic Switching

To: "'Bob Shohet, KQ2M'" <kq2m@kq2m.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R with Automatic Switching
From: "Bill Hider" <n3rr@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 01:58:54 -0500
HI Bob,

Today, I've updated my website with photos & technical descriptions of my SO2R
implementation that I briefly describe below.
Go to: http://users.erols.com/n3rr/

My SO2R station uses band switching & bandpass filtering equipment that will
work with Yaseu.  This year I upgraded my station to SO2R, but I have been
running automatic band and antenna switching with my ICOM gear since 1990 as
SO1R and SO2V.

Now as SO2R, I use ICOM gear with two IC-7800s and two PW-1 amplifiers.  I
switch antennas in SO2R mode (CW & SSB) with the following  switching system
and bandpass filtering that may also be used directly (stock) with ICOM, Yaseu,
Elcraft K3 and others, per the manufacturer's operating manuals:

Array Solutions Bandpasser (model AS-419)  (qty 2)
Array Solutions 6-PAK (qty 1)
Top Ten Devices "Band Aide" band decoder (qty 2)
Top Ten Devices DX Doubler SO2R controller (qty 1)

My logging program is N1MM Logger. I've been using N1MM Logger since October,
2011 and it is my choice for my contest logging and SO2R station control for
contesting.

73,

Bill, N3RR