[CQ-Contest] The 2 point exception - WTF?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The 2 point exception - WTF?
From: Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:47:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi after being off the air for the last 15 years or so I am a noob to the ways
of modern ham radio, not to mention serious contesting (computer logging is
still a novelty and I was never able to hook my K3 up to it).

Anyway after the WW contests I wanted to see how my efforts might stack up
against the pack so I checked out the write up for last year for the box scores
for my category and noticed that the world rankings also included the NA
scores. I really don't know what the rationale for giving NA stations twice the
points everyone else gets for intra-continental QSOs but IMO competitors with
different scoring systems should not be ranked together, because it cheats both
groups out of knowing how they would have done had they all been playing by the
same rules.

So I call on the CQ contest committee to either scrap this rule, or if there
are very valid reasons for it at least rank NA competitors separately from the
rest of the world.

Thanks for a fun contest and a Happy Thanksgiving to all those from or back in
the old country.

73 Bob HS0ZIA