Re: [CQ-Contest] Why?

To: "k5zd@charter.net" <k5zd@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why?
From: W1md <w1md@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:56:16 -0500
Niccceee!

It really is getting bad though like Pete says. More than once this weekend I
was able to beat the big guns with my vertical and 500w ( until the brand new
al-80b quit, then I beat them low power) by listening ( what a concept) and
timing the call or by adjusting off freq by 100 hz.

Basic operating skills have been/are being lost...most likely do (in my
opinion) to all of the assisted tools out there. Point, click, call. It's that
simple right???  No need to LISTEN.

Marty
W1MD