[CQ-Contest] Computer control of FT1000D

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer control of FT1000D
From: "Ken Caruso" <wo1n@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:09:50 -0500
Hi John,

CT, Writelog and N1MM, which I currently use, control all aspects of the
FT1000D except for filter selection. One caution, the radio must have the
V6.00 Firmware installed.

N1MM also supports S02V on the FT1000D, along with every other basic
function. The software follows front panel button pushes also, unlike some
Icom's I've used a multi-op stations (more a function of the radio
communication protocol than the control software).

Coupled with the W8JI mods, it is still an enjoyable contesting radio.

There is a fairly active FT1000D group on Yahoo, also,

Ken

WO1N