Re: [CQ-Contest] I loved the WPX - missing 10 min MS rule

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I loved the WPX - missing 10 min MS rule
From: Zoli Pitman HA1AG <ha1ag@hg6n.hu>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:22:10 +0200
I fully support this motion.

WPX M/S with the 10 min rule was a FUN contest where the better guys could run, the not so good ops could actually work DX(-like) calls with anenjoyable rate and everybody had why he came for.

Current M/S offers a handful of QSOs max on the non-run band radio which is not really motivating. The only way to pick up CQing mults - and keep competititve - is to go to inband technology. Inband multi-radio operation is cool but not something for the masses. In addition forcing multiops to do inband tempts for cheating. In addition inband is not so much fun for the non-runner types as dxing on a more interference protected band.

The other exit scenario, M/2 gives no room for the not so-good ops to join bigger multiops. In M/2 they MUST run on the 2nd band, but they can't, the score will suffer and they get frustrated and will not come next year. The run ops get frustrated, too, because M/2 rates are lower than M/S rates.

73,

zoli ha1ag