Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey

To: CQ CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Survey
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:39:16 +0000 (GMT)
John,
Maybe some of the contributors have got carried away somewhat but it cannot be
said that there has not been cause for some concern.

I completed the survey and answered the question re merging of classes and
expressed my views. However I was puzzled as to the concept of even including
such a question. Randy, or whoever, would know in advance the responses that
would appear on this list.  Given that 10,000 guys have been mailed then it is
true that is many, many more ops than those who will ever look at this list and
seeking opinions from that 'broad church' would provide a wider reflection of
opinion on the matter.

Having said that I do not believe that there are many serious contest operators
who do not read this list and those ops that do  are the ones who matter, the
ones who make the contests work and without them any contest will fade away.

I am horrified to think that any 'straw poll' such as this would carry any
weight in such a game changing decision. As a SO I have no beef with those who
prefer assistance but I do wish to compete in the traditional manner competing
with my Peers. Take that away by lumping us all in together and I shall lose
interest, maybe still taking part, or perhaps not, but with easy hours if I do,
and it is my feeling that would be the attitude of very many present avid ops.
Cheaters will still cheat whatever you do, they will
merely find new avenues to do so

73 Brian C4Z / 5NB4AIZ..