Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 08:49:38 -0800
I worked for hours trying to get this to sound right.  You can make it sound
OK until you work a station like N2SSS where the letters in the prefix are
all that same.  Repeating the same letter really sounds weird!  I just never
could get it to sound natural.  73
Tom W7WHY

I think one problem with this is that we tend to end an utterance on a
downward intonation.  I wonder if the voicing might be improved to
include initial, mid-phrase and end intonations.  Short of that the only
thing I can suggest is to trim your letters and numbers really closely.
Audacity lets you zoom in and get the last millisecond of dead air.

73, Pete N4ZR