Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-Assisted vs. Assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-Assisted vs. Assisted
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:12:14 -0500
Amen! A variation - I hook my ancient boat anchor (Drake TR5) to my "portable" antenna - which varies in height with the amount to trouble I take to put it up after the last "mini-dxpedition" and plug away with a mighty 5 watts to a cloud warmer for antenna.

I never expect to win any category, unless I'm the only entry in that category/locale, but it's fun!

I don't care to spend $100's of thousands, though, with 9 acres and a 1300' deep chunk of land I'd have room for a fair to middlin' antenna farm.

If propagation is poor, and others can't hear me, I leave the shack, pop open a sarsaparilla, and watch the boob tube.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time