Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes

To: k5zd@charter.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Rule Changes
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:40:41 +0200
Gentlemen (and perhaps any YL's reading this),

Doug KR2Q brought the following link to my attention:
http://www.cqww.com/rules_2012changes.htm

Rule XII.2 says it all:

*Rule XII.2 - “Log only the call sign you sent during a completed
exchange.” *

*Q: "What should an entrant do if he/she sends a “busted or broken” call
sign during the contest?" *

*Instead of making (only) a manual note, send the corrected call sign (or
the corrected part of the incorrect call sign) during the contest exchange.
*

*For example, if the running station (entrant) pulls out DX1A from the pile
up and sends the QSO exchange, when the answering station replies with
DX1AAT, the running station should send, as part of the current QSO,
either: *

   - *The complete call: DX1AAT, or *
   - *The corrected part: AAT *

*Equally, if the running station (entrant) sends DR2AA and makes the QSO
exchange, when the answering station replies with DR2Q, the running station
should send either: *

   - *The complete call: DR2Q, or *
   - *The corrected part: 2Q, or *
   - *Just the corrected letter: Q *

*When the contest committee reviews the SDR recording, there must be an
indication that the runner (entrant) acknowledged **and corrected the error
**at the time of the QSO. *
*The entrant should **never log **both the wrong call **and the corrected
call. The intent of the rule is to log **only the **correct call sign for
each completed QSO.*

Nevertheless I would like to thank everyone for their helpful replies.

73, Maarten PD2R

--
73, Maarten PD2R