[CQ-Contest] Question about CQ WW Logging

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQ WW Logging
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:46:11 -0500
I've several friends who "dabbled" in CQ WW DX contest this past weekend
/ QRP.

Some of them say they "never" send it a log.  I'm trying to encourage
them to send their logs in.

When looking at the rules for sending in paper logs, it appears that one
would have to manually transcribe a log made in time sequence to
individual logs for each band worked.

I suggested to these people that entering data into a computer log would
be easier than manually transcribing by hand.

This brings up a question - I suggested they adjust the clocks on their
computers to be within the date/time of the contest.  But, that still
leaves the exact time of the contacts as a question.

How close to the exact time of the contact must be in the submitted
log?  Would "anytime within the 48 hour period" be okay?  Or, does the
contesting algorithm check for the time between the log of the two
stations involved in a contact?  It would be much easier to make sure
all the times are within the 48 hour period, and in sequence of actual
sequence, than to have the exact time noted.

I find that running <5 watts during a "big gun" contest like CQ WW DX is
a nice challenge, and I'm doing my best to encourage others who "dabble"
in contesting at QRP levels to send in their entries.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% now a daze