Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL language on what is "assisted"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL language on what is "assisted"
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:50:41 -0600
The only reason this is a problem is that if I am sending spots then
everyone must think I also must be receiving them.  Nobody can know for
certain except me.  I am a node owner so my call is logged in
continuously to the cluster system.  The problem is lack of trust in one
another.  There has been too many cases of cheating or suspected
cheating to trust anymore.

I don't see this as an issue at all.   I would assume that a SO UN
Assisted entry would have their log massaged against a spots database
and analyzed for too many "hits".  Sending spots and submitting a SO UN
assisted log might bring about a bit more log scrutiny.

Mike W0MU

J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011 CQ WW DX CW
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net