Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 57th Worked All Europe DX Contest (WAEDC) CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 57th Worked All Europe DX Contest (WAEDC) CW
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:29:52 +0200
Off times WAEDC rule: If operation is interrupted for more than 12 hours the
three longest off time periods must be a minimum of 12 hours.

I operate WAE since 1962 and never cared much about off times as I asumed that
36 hours permission counts.  Sometimes I start on Saturday morning daylight
which might even involve 13 hours interruption.  According to the English rule
above, I'd have to take up to 3 another pauses totaling minimum 12 hours.  I
got a feeling that you made poor translation from more complex DL language.
Why further limit participation?

CU WAE & QTC & 73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU