Re: [CQ-Contest] CD Parties

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CD Parties
From: James LaPorta <n1cc@jlaporta.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:55:54 -0700 (PDT)
The end of the "CD Party" era happened after John Lindholm W1XX moved from the
Communications Manager job, and as others have said the CD department was
changed, merged, matured.

As most of you know I was hired at ARRL to be the Deputy Communications Manager
(In Training) by George and Ellen, to work for Ellen as she was to become the
CM when George retired.  Many changes happened during my year at HQ, and I left
shortly after Ellen left and John Lindholm took over on George's retirement.
This was a business decision for me.

I too, miss the CD party atmosphere, agree that with changes in how the field
organization was both managed and operated that the "party" had reached it's
end of life, NAQP came in ... I never got interested in NAQP and still don't
operate in that event ... although I operate in most of the other major
contests.

73, Jim N1CC