Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?

To: K6VVA - Rick <cqtest97@k6vva.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 15:00:33 +0000 (GMT)
I think Rick hit the nail on the head.
SSB mode contests are cacophony of QRM, splatter, wide signals.
While CW contests with available options of filtering, narrow band, weak signal
detection, no need to yell and argue with QRU nets, offer more sane environment.
Add to it "improvement" in old age hearing, acquired CW proficiency  with age
and more gentlemanly behaviour with less lids and space cadetts - no brainer
why we old farts love CW over SSB mess.

My New Year's wish?
Classify local, in your shack skimmer as another gadget (not in assisted
category) and ban ANY remote assistance from remote receivers, skimmers by
OTHERs.

73 and Happy New 2010 to all!

Yuri K3BU.us
www.MVmanor.com