[CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why do we like our favorite contesting mode?
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:45:07 -0000
I always thought people were either Phone ops or CW ops.  I.e., they favored
one or the other based on their interests or skills and that was that.  But,
is that really true?  Could there be other factors that influence our
preferred operating mode?

The WPX CW/SSB Contest participant survey conducted in Aug-Sep 2009 provided
over 5000 responses from contesters all over the world. The survey asked for
their years of contesting experience.  It also asked them to indicate their
favorite contesting mode.

Doug, KR2Q, did some data mining and the results are suprising!  Would you
believe your preferences might be determined by how many years of contesting
experience you have?

See the results at http://www.cqwpx.com/blog/?p=52

Randy, K5ZD