Re: [CQ-Contest] CK, PR, SEC = same as cut numbers

To: w1ve@yccc.org
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CK, PR, SEC = same as cut numbers
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:08:37 +0000 (GMT)
Sounds like a great suggestion to me, Gerry!Doug KR2Q----- Original Message
-----From: Gerry Hull Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:07 amSubject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] CK, PR, SEC = same as cut numbersTo: kr2q@optimum.netCc:
cq-contest@contesting.com> I agree with you, Doug,> > Some of us "old farts"
are probably too impatient at times.   > The disconnect> I see is a guy who
sounds like he knows what he is doing (good > speed, comes> right back), yet>
is dumbfounded by abbreviations when asked for fills.> > Perhaps ARRL needs a
sidebar on this stuff in the next SS > announcement.Since the contest has a
complex exchange, the "fill > protocol"  should be> explained!> > 73, Gerry
W1VE> > > > > > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM,  wrote:> > > You guys crack me
up.  Every year, "oh no, cut numbers."  I > copy whatever> > is sent my way.>
>> > But far worse (IMHO) are those of you who may not "cut your > numbers"
but> > cut your words.> > I was probably 95% S+P during my short time i
 n the SS and I > can tell you> > that I heard far> > more repeats from guys
sending CK CK CK or SEC SEC and > especially PR or PX> > or PC.> >> > CLEARLY,
there are many "other" ops out there who have no idea > what these> >
abbreviations> > mean, yet you constantly send them.  I know what they mean >
and, if you're> > reading this> > here, you probably do too.  But LOTS of folks
are clueless.  I > mean really,> > how is a novice> > SSer supposed to know
what CK or PR means?> >> > I bet that these abbreviations (followed by no
answer cuz the > other guy was> > clueless) out-> > numbered the "cut numbers"
by at least 10:1 - probably more.> >> > I don't see how anyone who sends CK,
SEC, PR can complain > about the very> > few times that> > "cut numbers" were
sent (I never heard any).> >> > What is "obvious" to some, is not to others.
Wish I had buck > for every> > time I heard someone> > send PR or CK, only to
have to send it again at least two more > times.>> > Is this the p
 ot calling the kettle black?> >> > Think about it.> >> > de Doug KR2Q> >