Re: [CQ-Contest] Wintest wining features

To: "'Kenneth Silverman'" <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wintest wining features
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:57:09 +0200
I was upset by CLOCK example in the manual which showed time change from
11:50 to 12:00. I thought it was tweaking 11:59 to proper start :-(

However, the main reason I wrote my contest program in 1984 was to avoid
keeping manual record of time!  Second task was dupes, mults third.

Time shifting can be a "great" tool in multi-op environment to on-line
correct violations of 10 minutes rule.

Two of recently DQ Balkan stations used Wintest but according to 9A1P he did
corrections afterwards.

Partner is fine tool unless the single op finds one :-(  Lot of statistical
probability work is required afterwards.

I usually don't think in these terms but recent DQ events made me
suspicious.  I don't like SH5 and similar editing programs either.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  I like Skimmer, WSJT, WSPR.

  _____