Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:05:00 -0600
Self spotting is not allowed by the rules.  Packet is, self spotting is not.
Cheerleading is not against the rules.  Spotting yourself is.  I even had a
station ask me to spot him.  My interpretation of the rules would now put
this station in the assisted class if they were not already.  Reported.

I  am not concerned with cheerleading or the non participant spotting
himself.

People claiming unassisted while assisted is a problem and if the sponsors
know who the cheaters are then why the secrecy?

never get over." Ben Franklin