[CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Improving the Fabulous CQ 160 Contest
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:59:48 +0000 (GMT)
OK...I can't resist.

(usual disclaimer...I'm speaking on my own behalf...not anyone else and not any
contest
sponsor).

Well...if CQWW were to change their zone exchange to a GRID SQUARE exchange,
then
most everybody would know their grid square anyway, so adding it for the CQ160
would
be easy.  You can already discern the zone from call in 99% of the cases
(probably 99.99%).

I have to wonder how many "casual" guys know their CQ Zone.  What's that you
say, almost
ALL OF THEM!  Why?  Because they want to play in the contest, even if casually.

No reason why folks wouldn't "learn" what their grid square is, assuming they
don't
already know.  "Learning" is easy, check out QRZ.com  - and who doesn't know
about that?
Not many.

de Doug KR2Q