[CQ-Contest] NCJ Skimmer Article Deferred

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Skimmer Article Deferred
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:16:11 -0500
By agreement with Editor Al Dewey, K0AD, I'm delaying my article for NCJ,
tentatively titled "Skimmer - the First Contest Season", until the May-June
issue.  That will allow me to gather experiences from all the winter
contests, including ARRL DX, and still make my deadline of March 15.

The purpose of this message is to ask once again for your first-person
reports on the use of Skimmer in serious contesting.  How well (or badly)
did it work?  If you ultimately decided not to use it, why not?  If you
did, what impact did it have?  Did anyone try the new "blind mode", which
disables decoding and turns it into a very smart software panadaptor for
use by traditional single ops?

If you're interested in the technical side of Skimmer use, I also want to
put in a pitch for the Skimmertalk reflector,
skimmertalk@contesting.com.  You can subscribe by going to
people who are giving Skimmer a serious try hang out there, and are
generous about sharing their experience.

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and updated daily...
www.conteststations.com