[CQ-Contest] World Contest Station Database Improved

To: CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] World Contest Station Database Improved
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 07:40:54 -0500
Thanks to the ASP programming skills of Mike Reublin, NF4L, I'm happy to
report that the World HF Contest Station Database (www.conteststations.com)
is better than ever.  Mike programmed a new page to be used for updating or
adding a station description.  Whatever data are already on file are
displayed in the relevant space, and your call is automatically inserted,
eliminating one common source of past problems.  All you have to do is add
to or edit what's there, and press Submit.

Records in the database still don't change until I can review them, as a
security measure, but Mike's other contribution is a new updating
system.  I will now get an e-mail when a change is submitted, and can
easily go to a special administration web page, review and edit as needed,
and then the revised record is posted immediately to the database.  With
this new capability, I should be able to keep up with updates so that the
lag will be, at most, only a day or two.

Please take a look, and send me any feedback.

73, Pete N4ZR
the World Contest Station Database is back, and improved...
www.conteststations.com