[CQ-Contest] Soapbox Competition for Sweepstakes

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Soapbox Competition for Sweepstakes
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:56:15 -0800
Something new will be added to the Web versions of the Sweepstakes writeups
this year - a Soapbox contest!

Each of the SS writeup authors - Steve N2IC and Kelly VE4XT - will go
through the ARRL Soapbox Web page (www.arrl.org/contest/soapbox) for their
respective modes and pick some favorite Soapbox entries.  The categories
they'll be looking for include:

Best Soapbox Submission
Best Contest Photo
Funniest Soapbox
Best Excuse

And maybe other categories that catch their fancy!  Winners will be
announced on the Web version of the contest writeups.  I have no idea what
they'll win - probably the acclaim of their peers :-)

So make sure to add your two cents to the ARRL Soapbox Web page - it's quite
easy, including uploading a photo or two.  Remember those old
before-and-after pictures in QST with all the soda bottles?  Or the classic
'Gil' cartoon covers of contest plan-versus-reality?  Here's your chance to
tell your story.  Long analysis or play-by-play?  No problem.  Cut-and-paste
from 3830?  No problem.  Photo of fire coming from the amplifier power
supply?  No problem.  Bring 'em on!

We'll all appreciate your efforts between the contests and it's great to get
a look at the "other end" of those contest QSOs!

73, Ward N0AX
ARRL Contributing Editor