[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes CW this weekend

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes CW this weekend
From: Ken Adams <kfiveka@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:43:39 -0500
The 75th running of the ARRL Sweepstakes CW contest starts this Saturday
at 2100Z.

This year a special award is available to all stations that work a clean
sweep so we've been campaigning for stations in the more rare sections
to make a special attempt to be active.  We've had good response and
there will even be multiple stations active from the NT section.
Hopefully, our friends in MAR and NL will also get on for as much time
as possible.

Just a couple of reminders:

Please QRS for newcomers and help them with the exchange if necessary.
We want them to enjoy the contest and come back next year.

You may operate no more than 24 hours, and offtimes are defined as 30
consecutive minutes without a QSO in the log.

Listening during an offtime is considered ontime ... let your conscious
be your guide.

Check out the records on the ARRL web site at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/ss-alltime-cw.html  There may be a
record you want to go after.  And on behalf of the Sweepstakes team I
hope you have fun in the contest and get a clean sweep!!

73, Ken K5KA
Manager Sweepstakes Contest