Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Top Ten scores & 3830 postings?
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:01:53 +0200
Steve London schrieb:

>Eric Hall, K9GY wrote:
>

>>Umm, I looked over the CQ WW CW SOAB-LP results just published.
>>

>>It appears that THREE stations submitted top ten scores but
>>did not report them on the 3830 reflector. I know reporting
>>on 3830 is not a requirement BUT if you have a top ten score
>>I would think that it would be reported to 3830 !
>>

>This is becoming a more widespread practice. Some folks simply don't
>appreciate
>the scrutiny of having their 3830-posted score compared with their final score.
>

>>J88DR, OM5XX, and EA8CW magically appeared in the top ten...
>>Too bad. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I wouldn´t go so far to raise bad thoughts against someone not posting
to an unofficial body like 3830 - as interesting it is.
A claimed scores list at the sponsor´s site after deadline, open logs
and the percentage of subtracted points in the final scores list can
help for enough disinfection - and this by the really relevant body of
each contest - its sponsor.

73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)