Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:09:57 -0700
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 06:39:21PM -0400, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:

> It's these constant cuts in the printed published results (be they QST or
> NCJ or wherever) that I find aggravating.  Ken, you (and Ward and the
> others) work hard to put together a good writeup in the space they give you;
> to then find your words chopped to bits because of further space
> restrictions is unfair to you as an author, and unfair to us League members
> as readers.

I wouldn't look at it like that.  As authors, we are encouraged to write as
much as we want to about the contest and let the professional editors
make it fit in the magazine.   If I hadn't had a very short deadline
to work with, I probably would have written more than I did, knowing full
well that half or more of what I wrote was not going to make it into QST.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com