[CQ-Contest] Field Day 2008

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day 2008
From: "Tim Duffy K3LR" <K3LR@k3lr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:16:26 -0500
Even though Field Day is not technically a contest, it is one of the best
opportunities to showcase "contesting" to lots of operators (and visitors)
that do not normally operate contests.

I hope that you will participate with a Field Day group and encourage young
and non-experienced operators. Teach by example. Sit with them while they
learn to "call CQ" or search and pounce. Help them learn a logging program.
Show them how to install a dipole.

The contesting skills that we take for granted need to be shared with
others. Field Day is a super chance to do this.

Many of us got our contesting feet wet at Field Day, take this once a year
opportunity to "pass it on". Be a contesting mentor.

See you in Field Day!

Be safe!

73!

Tim K3LR