[CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using"skimmer" are there?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] How many more creative subjects using"skimmer" are there?
From: saul_abrams@dps.state.ny.us
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 17:17:58 -0400
Bob,
You know that generally you and I see eye-to-eye on most radio things, but
sorry not here.  Hypothetical:  I am casually operating in a DX contest
over a weekend. I have about 20 hours in the seat.  Sunday afternoon comes
around an the xyl says lets go out for a late lunch.  Sure, why not.  I
can finish the last few hours of the contest  when I get back.  At the
restaurant we meet Dave and his wife and she suggests we go to a movie.
Wife says sure--I say but what about the rest of the contest?  Wife says
are you kidding??  We go to the movie and maybe dinner later and I don't
get back home until 0200Z.  Kiss my log good-bye.  Where do you draw the
line for the casual operator?  73  Saul  K2XA