[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Perhaps it is time to consider the need for the Assisted category all together
in respect to technology. Ham Radio, and contesting in particular, has always
been a hobby focused on making the most out of technology and science.  The
trend will only continue to accelerate and assistance will become more
pervasive. Do we really want to be stuck in the past and wonder where the young
amateurs are?

  And then, where do we draw the line of assistance- any type of station
automation is one form of assistance or another and limiting the definition of
who produces a call sign is ignoring all other factors that make the
station/operator competitive or not.

  As long as it is not robots making the QSO and station transmitter/receiver
are not scattered across the globe, let the humans use as much technology as
they can.

  Rudy N2WQ