Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)
From: ku8e@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:48:01 +0000
EI5DI wrote :

Some rules, as with some laws, lapse - even though they
are still on the books.

The acid test of any rule is to publicly break it, then
invite the authorities to penalise you or to admit the
rule is no longer in force.

It is "silly" to adhere to a "rule" that has long lapsed.
No one gets penalised in WPX for logging an "incorrect"
RST.  It is not cross-checked, for the simple reason that
there's nothing of value to check.

If no one is penalised this year, we will know for certain
that the rule is a lapsed rule in WPX.  Then, those who
prefer to mindlessly repeat 59(9) in every QSO can continue
to mindlessly repeat 59(9) in every QSO.  The rest of us
can, with a clear conscience, omit it.

Paul,

If you knowingly break the rules the consequences could be huge. My guess is
4O3A is trying
to qualify for one of the positions at WRTC.  If he was to send in his WPX log
and he was Dq'ed
he would also be disqualified from participating in WRTC. This has already
happened
to a few guys who were past WRTC competitors.

With the emergence of the WRTC these disqualifications are becoming more public
than in the
past when their call was just listed at the end of the results as being
disqualified with no
explanation. Now we have the internet and contesting related websites where
this is discussed
publically. Think about respect these cheaters have lost with their contest
peers. Everytime they
enter a contest their competitiors will be thinking in the back of their mind
if they are cheating
again.

Jeff KU8E