Re: [CQ-Contest] Some people don't think much of hams

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>, 160meter <160m@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Some people don't think much of hams
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 16:38:30 -0700
"I am ashamed tonight that I am a Republican!" remarked one ham radio viewer.
"[Romney] speaks in derogatory tones about hams. He certainly shows an
ignorance as to what we do and are capable of. I suggest a grass roots campaign
of local hams calling the State House and The Governor's Office to protest."
While this certainly comes to mind, it may be more productive to write
letters... to your own State House, and Governor, rather than call.
  One point is absolutely certain, in this world of highly paid pros doing a
whole lot of public awareness education... it may be that amatuer radio should
improve its image too.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> From: w8ji@contesting.com>
To: 160m@mailman.qth.net> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:24:24 -0500> CC:
secc@contesting.com; cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] Some
people don't think much of hams> > http://ema.arrl.org/article.php?sid=802