[CQ-Contest] Cheating with Packet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Cheating with Packet
From: David Molvin <wa3nko@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 01:18:15 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
Seems like a rather simple solution to me...get rid of telnet.  Keep the
assisted category.  What would this accomplish?  Well, for those who remember
packet when that is what it was, when the contest rolled around and the
activity on the cluster went thru the roof, the endless disconnects were a real
pain.  OK, I know that the software will reconnect automatically but the
distraction is there.  Then there was of course the building up of the system.
Took a lot of time away from improving ones own station didn't it?  Don't
forget the limits...how many clusters can be linked together before disconnects
are common?  I can't remember but I do remember our local cluster turning off
all the extra nodes just so we could stay connected for the duration of the
contest.  No more worldwide spots...I suppose I could think of a few more but
thats it for now.

My 2 cents,

David, WA3NKO