Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:24:34 -0000

Unlike NASCAR, the top contenders in radiosport need all the backmarkers
they can get in order to be on top. Contests would be very boring with only
the big guns on the air. Not to mention the loss of spectrum from non-use.
It takes more than gear to win and it takes more than skill to win. You need
a combination of both although I think that skill is more important than
gear by a fair margin. A bad operator can make contacts when everyone can
hear him but a good operator can make contacts even when it's hard to hear
him.

73 -- Paul VO1HE