Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers
From: "ku8e" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:00:15 -0400
  If you give US stations a point for working each other it would somewhat
level the playing field vs EU stations. My guess is in EU that CQWW is a
combination of a DX contest and Sweepstakes. I bet if you look at a typical EU
log at least 70% of their contacts on the low bands (160/80/40) are with other
EU stations. I bet it's even higher on 80 and 160 meters.  If anything It would
make the contest less boring for us in the USA late at night since we can work
each other for points. Look how much more fun WPX is now.

  I don't know changing the rules will really effect the overall results. Those
stations in northern South America and Africa will still have a big advantage
since most of their QSO's are 3 pointers.

Jeff KU8E