[CQ-Contest] R7 Question

To: CQ-Contest eMail Remailer <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] R7 Question
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:48:02 -0700 (PDT)
I recently purchased a used Cushcraft R7 vertical with the hope of being
"always ready" for the next HF contest.

I notice that the "fit" between the base insulator and the radiating element is
quite sloppy.  In passing, I had a ham suggest that I use a "coke can" as a
shim.

Are there any R7-savvy folks on the list that could help me to know how best to
address the sloppiness?

I'm about to open up the black box to assure that all is well inside, too.

Ev, W2EV