Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland

To: "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:00:13 -0500
I have been sitting on the sidelines with no dog in this fight, reading the
mail.

It seems to me it is just barely possible that those who are most vociferous
against the idea might be those who perceive they might lose some advantage
if DC became a mult.  It might be (take your pick) harder to work, others
might find it easier to work it than the objector, there might be higher
scoring entries from DC and therefore it would be harder for me to score as
highly, or whatever perceived advantage or disadvantage might accrue to the
commenter.

It does seem to me that there are good arguments for considering DC as a
separate mult, but there is one contrary argument against which I have not
noticed being mentioned.  It might be that from a propagation viewpoint, DC
is essentially within MD, and does not really share any different
propagation characteristics.

My 2c worth.

73 to all,
Rusty, na5tr