Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO party questions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] State QSO party questions
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:36:04 -0700
Florida without a doubt.  Why?  The never ending promotion of it by
K4OJ.  (Still hard
to mention his call without tearing up a little.)

The items mentioned below are also a big part of it.

What makes a good one?  Some top of the head thoughts

Most, if not all, counties on the air.

Lots of mobiles - they're what make it so much fun

Clear rules.

Points/mults structure which fits in with contest logging programs

A designated window on each band for the mobiles to run in so you know
where to find them.

Mobile itineraries published ahead of time so they can be plotted on a
state county map
before the start of the contest.

Rules designed to encourage the mobiles to work out of state folks
instead of just
working each other on 75/40 during the day.

A point of contact in case rules clarification is needed.

FQP does all of these.

Hope you get lots of responses

73,     Jim Smith       VE7FO