[CQ-Contest] NCJ Inputs - Contesting on a Budget, Mar/Apr 2007

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Inputs - Contesting on a Budget, Mar/Apr 2007
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:07:17 EST
Gang,

Thanks for all your past inputs.  This time I'm actually going to try  to get
my article in to Carl early!

I had selected the topic "Goin' Broke by Goin Mobile?" for this  upcoming
issue, which dovetails nicely with the theme of this issue, which is  Portable
Contesting.  I'm just going to revise the topic slightly to  include "or
portable" verbiage.  So here is the topic:

Topic for March-April 2007: Goinâ Broke by Goinâ Mobile or Portable?  With
zoning restrictions and covenants,  mobile and/or portable operating offers a
refreshing opportunity to enjoy  contesting.  Gone are the days when
mobile/portable ops consisted of simple homebrew gear and antennas.  It is now
high-tech (and often  expensive) endeavor.  What  suggestions do you have for
mobile/portable radios, antennas and accessories  that will help make mobile
and
portable operation affordable?

This is an area of keen interest for me, so I am looking  forward to your
inputs.  Please respond by Saturday, March 10th.  As  always, thanks in advance
for what are certain to be some enlightening  responses.

Thanks and 73,

Paul, K5AF

http://www.aol.com.