Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:30:33 -0000
This reminds me of the "Great Debate of 2006" when some were questioning the
"legality" of using random digits in SS to represent their first year of
licencing.

According to the NAQP rules:

"Exchange: Operator name and station location (state, province or country)
for North American stations; operator name only for non-North American
stations. If the name sent is changed during the contest, as sometimes
happens with multi-operator stations, the name used for each QSO must be
clearly identified in the log."

Personally, I really wouldn't care as long as it was consistant but,
according to my interpretation of the rule stated above, you can use a
different name for each contact as long as it's identified in the log.

Either way, the object of the exercise is to copy the given information
correctly, not the information found in a database. Frankly, it may be
better to use random information in order to make the report practical. I
heard an obviously female voice operating NQ4I and giving "Rick" as the
name. Bet that confused a few.

Again, it doesn't matter to me but I find it interesting.

73 -- Paul VO1HE