[CQ-Contest] improving pileup efficiency (was NOT ID'ing every

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] improving pileup efficiency (was NOT ID'ing every
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:37:22 -0500
>He ends each contact with ZD8Z
signifying that he is ready for the next caller and at the same time
confirming his call.On this very reflector Jim himself denied that he ends
each Q withZD8Z. On the other hand he's so quick and it's so seldom that
hedoesn't, that most of us don't notice it when he doesn't.The custom of not
signing after each call is more prevelant on phone that CW, but on any mode,
it does tick a lot of folks off.I agree with Alan, depending on the call
it's usualy just as quick to give ones call as to send QRZ. As was suggested
by someone earlier, if the station doesn't give his call after hissecond Q
and I don't need him for a mult, it's time to move on.There are a handful of
stations that will go on and on withoutsigning their call. Depending on band
condx and activity, I'llfrequently bypass such stations even if I know their
calls, strictly based on principal. I still believe those stations take the
attitude that their time is more important than my own.73 de Lar K7SV>