[CQ-Contest] More assistance musings [was: Looking in the mirror]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] More assistance musings [was: Looking in the mirror]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:03:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Patrick Hoppe phoppe@wi.rr.com

Since you are on the subject of "assisted" or not... What about these
partial call data bases?  Some of us copy the whole call and ask for a
repeat (or two) if needed.  Would using a partial call database or a
database from last year's contest to fill in the exchange constitute getting
assistance?

Super Check Partial is a technology that has been around for quite a while.  To
my knowledge, no adjudicator to-date has ruled this to be worthy of
reclassification.

Interestingly, it appears to fit one definition that has been bouncing around
on this list: having information provided by others that you would otherwise
not have yourself.

By the way...accuracy of the super-natural information is not the
issue...acting on it *is* the issue (in my unofficial opinion).

Ev, W2EV