Re: [CQ-Contest] Cabrillo 3.0 vs 2.0

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cabrillo 3.0 vs 2.0
From: K1AR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:59:16 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2006 8:43:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w5ov@w5ov.com writes:

Rumors  of rejections from CQWW due to version 3.0 are false. CQWW's robot
accepts  both formats.

I recall hearing that the ARRL robot will begin accepting  3.0 with this
year's ARRL 160m contest.

73,

Bob  W5OV

The only known rejections I am aware of with the CQ WW robot have to  do with
the occasional entry that is perceived to be SPAM. As you  might imagine, the
cqww.com domain receives enormous numbers of SPAM messages  per day due to
its pervasive nature around the Internet. In fact, several  of you who have had
this problem sent your logs to me directly. Many of them  ended up in my SPAM
folder, too!

If anyone is having a problem submitting their CQ WW log for any reason,
send a note along with a copy of your Cabrillo file to _ssb-questions@cqww.com_
(mailto:ssb-questions@cqww.com) . I can assure  you that you will receive a
prompt answer, sometimes within a few minutes.

The "logs received" database is up and running on cqww.com, so you can  check
for your callsign and entry category in addition to the confirmation  report
that the robot sends to you. This list is updated hourly.

Feel free to send any questions to me directly as well.

73 John, K1AR