[CQ-Contest] band plan and DX window and ...oh just forget about it

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] band plan and DX window and ...oh just forget about it
From: kr2q@optonline.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:44:37 +0000 (GMT)
I hope this is my final post...beating a dead horse.

1.  I too overheard some horrible stuff on 75.  The "contester" was asked why
he felt
compelled CQ in "the window."  What I heard was "I am 2kc above the DX window"
followed
by more back and forth and then by (from the contester), "gimme a break...it's
just one weekend."  The non-contester was being totally reasonable (my opinion).

I also agree with Randy....it has a lot to do with the approach, but in this
case, the
approach was FB (IMHO) but the response was effectively "up yours."

2.  For those who think that a general band plan has some sort of authority,
check this out:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/conop.html

So...are you telling me that CW contesters should stay away from the RTTY and
QRP calling
frequencies during a contest?  Look, I'm a QRPer of some reknown (not just
contesting).  There
is just no way I would expect a contester to "honor" the QRP frequencies during
a contest; it
is just not reality.

3.  Hopefully, most of this particular discussion will be moot soon (Dec 15?)
with the new
phone allocations on 80/75.  Of course, some folks just like to....well...never
mind.