Re: [CQ-Contest] Wideband noise

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wideband noise
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:06:49 -0600
> Has anyone else experienced this problem in a Multi
> operation with the 746PRO?

I have two of these radios and have used them simultaneously under hard
contest conditions for 100% of 2 complete contest seasons, going into the
third season with them.  This includes two World #1 ARRL DX Multi-Two
operations.  Neither I nor any of the other operators have noticed any
wideband noise issues with these radios.  I must say we have never looked
for it or attempted to measured it.

PJ4R 2005 Photo:
http://www.n5ot.com/bonairepix/746PROx2.jpg

During contests we have bandpass filters in place most of the time.  I leave
the filters out of the line during casual operation.

73 - Mark, N5OT