Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: "Jeff Maass" <jmaass@k8nd.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:55:42 -0500

That's good, because now that we know that we
cannot take the League's published contest rules
(guidelines? suggestions?) as Gospel without
Contest Desk interpretation, there are many
battles to come...

Hmmm, SS rules don't say you have to send **your**
section as a part of the exchange, just "ARRL/RAC
Section". Maybe I can send "ND" (it's an ARRL
Section!) This is convenient, since I'll be out of
the country for Phone SS. I'll have to ask The Desk.

I'm sure that ARRL will now re-publish SS rule 4.4
to make clear that the check has nothing to do
with the "year first licensed", as that is now their
official stated position. Published rules should be
accurate and complete.

73,  Jeff  K8ND