Re: [CQ-Contest] changing category

To: Kenneth E.Harker <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] changing category
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:11:24 -0800
Sorry. We have physical evidence that is not true. Tree and I have
discussed at least one occurrence of this from Phone SS a few years
back where 20 ops got 'dinged' when the station they contacted
corrected their exchange.  Either 20 is below the threshold, or the
software isn't as capable as one would like.

So, yes I would expect that the first group of QSOs that Mal made
would all receive deductions for bad received exchanges.

On Nov 5, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 04:33:47PM -0800, Jack Brindle wrote:
>> Mal;
>>
>> Simply put, you don't. Changing in the middle would invalidate all of
>> your previous QSOs in the other guy's logs, making them more than a
>> bit upset.
>
> That's not true.
>
> The log checking process will accomodate a station changing a
> static portion
> of the exchange in one of two ways (depending on the contest): (a)
> cross-
> checking with the exact log data that was sent, or (b) identifying
> that
> station's log as "unstable" and excluding it from cross-checking with
> other logs.  In either case, the other stations are generally not
> going
> to be penalized when someone they work send a different exchange
> later on
> in the contest.
>
> --
> Kenneth E. Harker WM5R