Re: [CQ-Contest] Distanced-Based Contest Concept

To: Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distanced-Based Contest Concept
From: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:26:40 -0700
I agree with Yuri.  Many rare zones are only activated during contests.
If, during the CQWW, you manage to work a new Mult which also turns out
to be a new zone for WAZ for you, then it is that much better.

Tom Osborne wrote:

>Hi Yuri
>
>What would that have to do with anything?  Can you only get WAZ from contest
>Q's?  73
>Tom W7WHY
>

>>George... with all due respect - this is an Utopia.
>>The CQ magazine has WAZ Award program and I don't think they would like
>>the
>>idea to get rid of CQ Zones as exchange.
>>
>>73 Yuri  VE3DZ

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org