[CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real Time Scoreboards
From: <k4zw@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:26:53 -0700
  I could maybe see it for assisted categories but I personally have zero
interest in using this.  I can see at least one scenario where the ethically
challenged unassisted types amongst us could use it unfairly.  Then again if
theyâre going to cheat, you donât need this to do it.  The RTS would just
tell them how much âassisted helpâ they need in order to catch the guys
ahead of them.  The other thing to keep in mind, this might start out as
something completely innocuous.  But, it could easily morph into something much
bigger based on whatever data the host wants to display and once the genie is
out of the bottle all bets are off.

Ken K4ZW