[CQ-Contest] K7BV going to Yaesu

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K7BV going to Yaesu
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 09:40:30 -0400
For those who might have missed it in the latest ARRL Letter:

"==>ARRL'S DENNIS MOTSCHENBACHER, K7BV, ACCEPTS EXECUTIVE POSITION WITH YAESU

ARRL Sales and Marketing Manager Dennis Motschenbacher, K7BV, has accepted a
position with Vertex Standard (Yaesu) as Executive Vice President of its
Amateur Radio Sales Division. ARRL Chief Operating Officer Harold Kramer,
WJ1B, announced Motschenbacher's departure August 28 "with regret" and
congratulated him on his new position.

"This is an incredible opportunity for Dennis, who will be relocating to
Yaesu's Corporate Office in Cypress, California," Kramer said.

In addition to his comprehensive knowledge of the Amateur Radio industry and
extraordinary marketing and sales skills, Motschenbacher "also brought us an
unbridled passion about Amateur Radio and a vision for the ARRL's future,"
when he arrived at League Headquarters four years ago, Kramer said.

"The ARRL will miss him," he added. "We have become a better organization
because of him."

At Vertex Standard, Motschenbacher will be responsible for Yaesu Amateur
Radio equipment sales and marketing in the US and Canada. He'll leave the
League in mid-September.

"I dreamed of working at ARRL HQ ever since I was a teenager, never really
believing I would actually get here," Motschenbacher said. "It has been a
terrific four and half years packed with lots of change and new friendships.
I am deeply honored to now have this opportunity to work for Mr. Hasegawa
and Yaesu, serving the Amateur Radio community in a different but equally as
important manner."

First licensed in 1962 at age 13 as WV6WTD, Motschenbacher -- a Minnesota
native -- has operated under various US and foreign call signs over the
years. Well known as a DXer and top-tier contester, he's operated from 35
different countries and competed at World Radiosport Team Championship 2000
in Slovenia.

Motschenbacher is an ARRL Life and Diamond Club member and belongs to the
ARRL Legacy Circle. He's also a past president of the Texas DX Society.
Before joining the ARRL Headquarters staff, Motschenbacher served as editor
of National Contest Journal (NCJ) for four years. In his current position at
ARRL Headquarters, he oversees the League's publication and advertising
sales as well as product marketing and membership recruitment activities.

A year ago, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Motschenbacher was among those
HQ staff members who were instrumental in coordinating the procurement and
shipping of equipment to aid radio amateurs responding in the field. He also
traveled to Montgomery, Alabama, to assist Alabama Section Manager Greg
Sarratt, W4OZK, who was overseeing the intake of American Red Cross ham
radio volunteers supporting communication at its 250 shelters and kitchens
along the devastated US Gulf Coast."

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
Full details on 3165 contest stations