[CQ-Contest] Contester Meeting in Central Texas

To: ctdxcc@kkn.net, tdxs-list@moonbounce.n5iq.org,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contester Meeting in Central Texas
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:18:15 +0000
Hi everyone.

I hope all Texas contesters (and beyond?) will consider coming to the
CTDXCC's contester's meeting in Central Texas on July 23rd. A web
page has been set up to help those of you who might need directions
to get here or whoever might still be considering attending. Please
see  http://www.ctdxcc.org/meetings/20060723.shtml for that information.

While you are surfing, also check out our club's web page at www.ctdxcc.org.

It is starting to look like we will have a good turnout.

Feel free to forward this to any area contester that you think might
be interested. I would appreciate someone forwarding this to the NTCC
reflector. Thanks.

73, Richard - K5NA

DATE/TIME:      July 23, 2006 from 1:00PM until 5:00 PM.

LOCATION:       The K5NA station outside of Austin, TX. Snacks and
soft drinks will be available.

PROGRAMS:       Several informal programs:

    * A station inspection tour and checkout of what's new at the
K5NA station.
    * George Fremin, K5TR, will be back from his participation in the
WRTC Championship in Brazil and will be presenting the high points of
his trip.
    * Terry Gerdes, AB5K, and Tom Whiteside, N5TW, will team up and
host a "show and tell" of tower climbing apparel and a discussion
about how they use their climbing belts, harnesses, and other
climbing hardware.
    * Joe Staples, W5ASP, the W5 Contest Advisory Committee
representative, will be here to discuss current contesting issues.
Joe will be soliciting our input on to take back to the committee.
    * There will be a discussion about the IARU contest, contest
conditions and Texas-area results, as time allows.

DINNER: After the meeting, we will QSY to dinner at Ramos Restaurant,
one of the best Tex-Mex eating spots in Central Texas. The dinner
with be dutch treat, but I will need to give them an approximate head
count to see if we need to reserve their meeting room. Let me know if
you want to eat with us on Sunday afternoon.

LODGING:        If anyone is driving a long way and wants to stay
over either Saturday or Sunday night, there is a Quality Inn and
Suites Motel in Manor on Highway 290 about 6.5 miles from the K5NA station.

k5na@ecpi.com